Coming Soon to Netflix: April 2020
Releases for Asian dramas, movies, anime, and reality series for April 2020 on Netflix are starting to trickle in.
- Agneepath [India, 2012] – A boy grows up to become a gangster in pursuit of the mobster who killed his innocent father, but revenge and reparation may come at great costs.
- Brothers [India, 2015] – After a troubled past with their alcoholic father, two estranged brothers prepare to face each other again as rivals in a street fighting w.
- Chhota Bheem and the Curse of the Damyaan [India, 2012] – An evil demon who traded his freedom for immortality lures Chhota Bheem and his friends to the city of Sonapur with tales of hidden treasure.
- Dostana [India, 1980] – Best friends since childhood, a righteous cop and a lawyer who represents criminals in court become rivals when they fall for the same woman.
- Dotsana [India, 2008] – To win over a landlady who only accepts women as tenants, two men pose as a couple – but the jig may be up when they both fall for their flatmate.
- Duniya [India, 1984] – A lawyer defends his childhood friend – and girlfriend’s brother – in a murder case, unaware of his own deep connection to the attorney he’s up against.
- Duplicate [India, 1998] – Hilarious mix-ups and deadly encounters ensue when a convict seeks to escape authorities by assuming the identity of his doppelgänger, a perky chef.
- Gori Tere Pyaar Mein [India, 2013] – Sriram is concerned only with spending money, until he meets Dia, a principled activist. Now he’s determined to prove himself worthy of her affection.
- Gumrah [India, 1993] – Jailed for drug trafficking while searching for the dad she’s never met, a singer gets unlikely support from a crook whose love she has long rejected.
- Hasee Toh Phasee [India, 2014] – Nikhil is tasked with keeping his fiancée’s troublemaking sister, Meeta, from ruining his wedding. But in the process, the two become inseparable.
- Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania [India, 2014] – A small-town girl heads to Delhi to find a designer outfit for the wedding her orthodox father has arranged for her but ends up finding love instead.
- Kaal [India, 2005] – Trapped in a national park, a tiger expert and a group of hunters turn to an enigmatic local for help when they mysteriously begin to die one by one
- Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna [India, 2006] – Unhappy in their respective marriages, an ex-footballer and a teacher find true love in each other, but guilt, jealousy and tragedy cloud their affair.
- Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham [India, 2001] – Years after his father disowns his adopted brother for marrying a woman of lower social standing, a young man goes on a mission to reunite his family.
- Kal Ho Naa Ho [India, 2003] – An uptight MBA student falls for the charismatic new neighbor who charms her troubled family – but he has a secret that forces him to push her away.
- Kapoor & Sons [India, 2016] – Returning home to visit their ill grandfather, two estranged brothers must confront their unresolved rivalry while their parents’ marriage frays.
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai [India, 1998] – Due to her mother’s last wish, a girl sets out to reunite her father with the college best friend who loved him only to learn she’s already engaged to someone else.
- Kung Fu Hustle [Hong Kong, 2004] – Sing desires to be as cool as the formally clad Axe Gang, a band of killers who rule Hong Kong, but can only pretend.
- Mighty Raju Rio Calling [India, Anime, 2014] – Mighty Raju embarks on a new adventure as he heads to Rio de Janeiro to go toe-to-toe with rival soccer players.
- Muqaddar Ka Faisla [India, 1987] A god-fearing man turns to a life of crime when his life falls apart after his landlord tries to rape his wife.
- Sethum Aayiram Pon [India, 2020] – After many years apart, a makeup artist is reunited with her grandmother, forcing them to revisit tensions of an old family feud.
- Shaandaar [India, 2015] – An industrialist’s daughter is forced to marry a rich heir thanks to her greedy grandmother while her adopted sister bonds with the wedding planner.
- Ungli [India, 2014] – A cop goes undercover in a “gang” that pulls wildly popular pranks on corrupt officials in Mumbai.
- Pokemon the Series: Sun & Moon Season 3 [Japan, Anime]
- Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac Seasons 1-6 [Japan, Anime]
- Well-Intended Love Season 2 [China, 2020] – This is NOT a sequel, but rather a prequel…which essentially retells the original story in a different light. Confusing, I know.
- Sol Levante [Japan, Anime, 2020] – A young warrior and her familiar search for the sacred place said to fulfill wishes. It’s best not to anger the ancient guardians and spirits.
- Violet Evergarden: Eternity and the Auto Memory Doll [Japan, Anime, 2020] – A lonely young woman feels trapped at her all girls’ school. But metal hands and heartfelt letters warm her heart when Violet becomes her tutor.
- Terrace House: Tokyo 2019-20 Part 3 [Japan, 2020] – The saga continues for a group of strangers sharing a house in Tokyo.
- Born Beautiful [Philippines, 2019] – When her best friend dies, Barbs attempts to rediscover herself until love leaves her true identity & heart in question.
- Hi Score Girl Season 2 [Japan, Anime, 2019]
- Tigertail  – A Taiwanese factory worker leaves his homeland to see opportunity in America where he struggles to find connection while balancing family and newfound responsibilities in a multi-generational household.
- For the Broken Hearted [Philippines, 2018] – Love ends up in limbo as partners navigate bliss, loss, failures, and feelings while trying to make happiness last.
- Vikrithi (Mischief) [India, 2019] – A man’s impulsive act of photographing a sleeping stranger on a train brings ugly repercussions.
- World Famous Lover [India, 2020] – A struggling writer works on romance stories in an effort to woo back his frustrated girlfriend who has decided to leave him.
- Hasmukh [India, 2020] – When a small-town comedian finally catches his big break his joy is quickly lost when he learns murder is the only way to keep is newfound mojo.
- The King: Eternal Monarch [South Korea, 2020] – Lee Min Ho returns to dramaland as a modern-day Korean emperor who passes through a mysterious portal into a parallel world.
- Bleach [Japan, Anime] – More seasons of this anime based on popular manga series of the same name are being added. This follows teen Ichigo Kurosaki who can see ghosts and ends up accidentally becoming a Soul Reaper.
- My Stupid Boss [Indonesia, 2016] – When a woman moves to Kuala Lumpur she lands a job at an ironworks run by her husband’s old college friend who just may be the world’s worst boss.
- My Stupid Boss 2 [Indonesia, 2019] – After the loss of many employees, a boss and three of his long-suffering workers try to find cheap labor in Vietnam but find trouble instead.
- This Earth of Mankind [Indonesia, 2019] – Based on Pramoedya Ananta Toer’s famed novel, this movie follows a Javanese royal and half-Dutch woman who fall in love during Indonesia’s rise to independence from Colonial rule.
- Time to Hunt [South Korea, 2020] – Three outlaws unintentionally draw the attention of a vicious killer as they seek to pull off a money heist to leave behind their dystopian world.
- Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 Season 1 [Japan, Anime, 2020] – Section 9 is dedicated to counter new forms of cyber threats after a global financial crisis.
- Kolaiyuthir Kaalam [India, 2019] – A speech and hearing impaired heiress must rely on basic instincts when a masked invader is determined to kill her.
- Bheeshma [India, 2020] – A smart-aleck meme creator has a chance to prove himself to the woman he loves when he is suddenly appointed CEO of her workplace.
- My Secret Romance [South Korea, 2017] – A nutritionist becomes entangled with misunderstandings with her chaebol boss…to complicate matters even worse he is a man she had a one night stand with in the past.
- Love Aaj Kal [India, 2020] – When professional ambitions clash with personal feelings a modern-day couple, a love story from a bygone decade may provide some wisdom.
- Extra Curricular [South Korea, 2020] – A model high school finds his perfect facade in danger when a classmate takes an interest in his secret life in the world of serious crime.
- Drifting Dragons [Japan, Anime, 2020] – The crew of the airship Quin is on the hunt for dragons to eat. If they fail, hunger will be the least of their worries.
- The Forest of Love -Deep Cut- [Japan, 2020] – Nothing is what is seems when a charismatic conman and an aspiring film crew delve into the lives of two emotionally scarred women.
- The Victims’ Game [Taiwan, 2020] – A forensic detective with Asperger’s syndrome (a developmental disorder characterized by difficulties in social interaction and nonverbal communication with restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests) risks everything to solve a case when he discovers his estranged daughter’s link to a series of mysterious murders.