Coming Soon to Netflix: August 2020
Wow. Before you know it, autumn will be here. Schools will be back in session whether it ends up being virtually or physically. Just so hard to believe. This year has seriously been so screwed up for everyone around the world.
Check out the Asian dramas, television shows, anime, and movies coming to Netflix US in August 2020. Which one are you anticipating?
- Ngai-Asu: A Lull in the Sea Season 1 [Japan, 2013] – This series centers on five middle school friends who are forced to attend school on the surface after their under sea school is closed.
- Toradora! Season 1 [Japan, 2008] – A tough-looking, but gentle at heart teenager forms an unlikely friendship with a petite girl with a sharp tongue and tough attitude.
- The Seven Deadly Sins Season 4 [Japan, 2020] – The story of a deposed princess and her band of evil knights continues as they fight to take back her realm.
- Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl [India, 2020] – Flight Lieutenant Gunjan Saxena makes history in her journey to become India’s first female combat pilot in the Kargil War.
- Stranger (aka Secret Forest) Season 2 [South Korea, 2020] – While the prosecutor’s office and police battle over the rights to investigations, prosecutor Hwang Shi Mok and Detective Han Yeo Jin band together again to chase after the truth in a hidden case.
- Guru-Guru Gokil (Crazy Awesome Teachers) [Indonesia, 2020] – A reluctant new teacher sets out to solve the case of stolen staff salaries and uncover the joy of teaching.
- Great Pretender [Japan, 2020] – A small-time con man joins forces with a gentleman thief and turns the globe upside down.
- Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol [South Korea, 2020] – A pianist from a well-off family loses everything. She finds her way to a piano academy in a small village called La La Land and she ends up meeting a tough and mysterious man who has no dreams and works multiple part-time jobs.
- Aggretsuko Season 3 [Japan, 2019]
- The Bridge Curse [Taiwan, 2020] – College students decide to put an urban legend to the test by crossing a bridge where a woman once took her own life.