Coming Soon to Netflix: March 2020
February was a bit on the sparse side for Asian dramas and movies. Here’s hoping that March will bring more dramas, anime, and movies to Netflix.
- Bhangra Paa Le [India, 2020] – A dancer determined to bring bhangra to the world stage prepares for an international competition against a rival with dreams of her own.
- Akame Ga Kill! Season 1 [Japan, Anime, 2014] – A boy sets out on a journey to save his village and ends up being rescued by a gang of assassins. He joins their fight against a corrupt government.
- Voice [South Korea, 2017] – A detective whose life is on a downward spiral after his wife’s murder and a voice profiler whose father was murdered join forces to solve cases.
Angu Vaikuntapurathu [India, 2020] – A man learns he was switched at birth with a millionaire’s son.
- Sitara: Let Girls Dream [Pakistan, 2019] – This short animated film follows a fourteen-year-old girl who dreams of becoming a pilot unaware that family traditions and barriers lay in the path of women from her family.
- Tootsies & the Fake [Thailand, 2019] – When a bumbling gang of pals accidentally knockout a celebrity, they decide to avoid trouble by replacing her with a look-alike.
- Castlevania Season 3 [Anime, 2020] – The story picks up during the aftermath of Dracula’s death.
- Mighty Little Bheem Festival of Colors [India, Anime, 2020] – Join baby Bheem for all his spring festival hijinks.
- Guilty [India, 2020] – A girlfriend struggles to find the truth when her college heartthrob boyfriend is accused of rape by a less popular student.
- Hospital Playlist [South Korea, 2020] – This drama follows a group of five doctors who work at the same hospital and are the best of friends.
- BEASTARS [Japan, Anime, 2019] – In a world where beasts of all kinds peacefully coexist, a gentle wolf awakens to his own predatory urges as his school deals with a murder.
- Kingdom Season 2 [South Korea, 2020] – The struggles of the crown prince continue in this drama adapted from webcomic Land of the Gods.
- Lu Over the Wall [Japan, Anime, 2017] – A depressed middle schooler living in a boring fishing village finds his life drastically changing when a mermaid named Lu joins his band.
- Altered Carbon: Resleeved [Japan, Anime, 2020] – On the planet of Latimer, Takeshi Kovacs is tasked with protecting a tattoo artist while investigating the death of a yakuza boss.
- Dino Girl Gauko Season 2 [Japan, Anime, 2020] – The struggles of middle schooler Naoko who becomes a dinosaur when angry continues.
- SHE [India, 2020] – A timid constable’s undercover assignment to expose a drug ring leads her on a journey of empowerment.
- J-Style Trip [China, 2020] – In 2018, Jay Chou and friends including JJ Lin, Jam Hsiao, Vincent Fang, Chen Chien-chou, Shawn Yue, Nicholas Tse, Andy Lau, and Mayday, take a trip around the globe while Jay learns and performs magic tricks.
- YooHoo to the Rescue Season 3 [South Korea, Anime, 2020]
7Seeds Part 2 (Japan, Anime, 2020) – The struggle to survive in a post-apocalyptic world continues.
- Happy Old Year [Thailand, 2019] – A woman takes a walk down memory lane when house renovations unearth her ex-boyfriend’s belongings.
- Maska [India, 2020] – An aspiring young actor struggles with turning his back on the beloved Irani cafe run by his family for generations.
- Ladies Up [India, 2019] – This stand-up series focuses on rising Indian-based female comics.
- Wassup Man Go [South Korea, 2020] – This reality show follows Joon Park as he travels to LA for an audition and romps through the city he calls home.
- Rugal [South Korea, 2020] – When a detective gains special abilities thanks to biotechnology, he seeks payback from a criminal organization that cost him all he had.
- Akbar Birbal [India, Anime, 2019] – This anime follows Emperor Akbar and trusty advisor Birbal who display their unique bond through adventures in Mughal-era India.
- Bal Ganesh [India, Anime, 2019] – Follow Ganesh, the Hindu elephant god, as he destroys demons, disarms invaders, and defeats dacoits.
- Paharganj [India, 2019] – A woman finds herself in the midst of drugs, death, and a coach grappling with his demons as she searches for her missing lover.
- Punyakoti [India, Anime, 2019] – Based on a children’s book and Kannada folk song, this animated movie follows a hungry tiger’s extraordinary encounter with a noble cow as a drought looms.