Coming Soon to Netflix: February 2020
I was excited to see an announcement about Studio Ghibli films coming to Netflix only to find out the US is excluded in the mass releases coming February 1, March, 1 and April 1. Bummer. Check out the Asian movies, dramas, and anime scheduled to start streaming on Netflix US for the month of February.
- Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Season 1 [Japan, Anime, 2015] – A goof craving adventure gets more than he bargained for when he meets the diminutive goddess Hestia.
- Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun [Japan, Anime, 2014] – Chiyo]s budding romance takes an unexpected turn when her crush turns out to be a famous mangaka who wants to use their love as the inspiration for his next manga.
- No Game, No Life Season 1 [Japan, Anime, 2014] – A pair of legendary gamers and siblings are transported to a world where there skills are put to the ultimate test to save humanity.
- Pop Team Epic [Japan, Anime, 2018] – Based on a four-panel comic, this anime showcases the random exploits of Popuko and Pipimi.
- Thambi [India, 2019] – When a tip leads a politician to his estranged son, his daughter begins to think it is just an imposter.
- Cagaster of an Insect Cage [Japan, Anime, 2020] – A young exterminator and a teenage girl search for the girl’s mother in a world ravaged by a disease which turns the infected into carnivorous insects.
- My Holo Love [South Korea, 2020] – A lonely woman forms a connection with a human-like hologram modeled after his creator.
- Love for Sale 2 [Indonesia, 2019] – A man hires an ideal partner via a matchmaking app to stop his mother’s many failed attempts to set him up with women.
- Sleepless Society: Insomnia [Thailand, 2019] –
- Cuddle Weather [Philippines, 2019] – A seasoned sex worker and a rookie call boy find that a strictly physical relationship might not be possible.
- Panipat: The Great Betrayal [India, 2019] – Based on actual events, this film follows an 18th-century Maratha commander as he leads his army against an Afghan invasion.
- The Forest [US, 2016] – A woman travels to Japan to find her lost twin sister who disappeared in the notorious Suicide Forest.
- The Body [India, 201] – A remake of a Spanish thriller, this film follows a detective as he investigates the disappearance of a woman’s body from the morgue.
- Yeh Ballet [India, 2020] – Two Mumbai teens face bigotry and disapproval as they pursue their dreams of dancing.
- Hyena [South Korea, 2020] – Two lawyers with very different personalities clash as they serve the top 1% of society. One only cares about money and will do whatever it takes to win while the other is an elite lawyer who is smart and confident at his job.
- Hi Bye, Mama! [South Korea, 2020] – After being dead for five years, a ghost embarks on a journey to reincarnation to reappear before her husband and child.
- Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back – Evolution [Japan, Anime, 2020] – Mewtoo was created by scientists as an all-powerful tool of destruction. Only problem is, he is now after his creators and Ash and crew are caught in the middle.
- FOLLOWERS [Japan, 2020] – An aspiring actress hits it big with a candid Instagram post bringing together several Tokyo women.
- Amit Tandon: Family Tandoncies [India, 2020] – Comic Amit Tandon will share wisecracks and wisdom from the death for romance in marriage to the injustices of modern parenting.
Leaving Netflix in February
- Master [South Korea, 2016]