Coming Soon to Netflix: September 2019
August is done and over with and now September is here. It just doesn’t seem possible! We had a long, wet, and chilly spring and one hot month it seems, but a hot dry summer is going into a cool fall. Leaves are changing already thanks in part to the stress of summer.
I have started a job as an independent Pampered Chef Consultant this past summer on top of my day job. So far, so good, I guess. But, it does cut into blogging time. Mianhaeyo!
So I am a bit vexed with a change in Netflix that makes it a bit harder to find recently added things and alphabetize them. Of course. I get a system going and they change things on me yet again! And…I guess there may be a queue limit since Netflix refused to let me add new movies and shows, so that also meant I wasn’t getting reminder notifications for my posts. Oy. Always something. I had to keep going through and deleting out shows I was done with or didn’t plan on watching.
Anywho, keep your eyes on this page to see whats coming soon in Asian dramas, movies, and anime in September 2019.
- Article 15 [India, 2019] – This Hindi-language film follows an entitled but upright city cop who learns the grim realities of caste discrimination when he travels to India’s heartland to investigate a murder.
- Terrace House Tokyo 2019-2020 [Japan, 2019] – Terrace House returns to Tokyo with six new strangers looking for love moving in together.
- Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: The Battle of Unato Season 1 [Japan, Anime, 2019] – Ikoma and the Iron Fortress travel to the battlegrounds of Unato to reclaim the region from the kabane horde.
- Shanghai Fortress [China, 2019] – Catch Lu Han in this movie which follows a young man who falls for a heroic general and follows in her footsteps to defend Earth against extraterrestrials seeking a precious energy source.
- Kabir Singh [India, 2019] – A gifted and surly doctor’s life spirals out of control as he falls into drugs and alcohol after the breakup with his girlfriend.
- Vagabond [South Korea, 2019] – A stuntman vows to find out the true story behind the plan crash that killed his nephew with the help of a covert operative. If you loved the Lee Seung Gi and Bae Suzy pairing in Gu Family Book, then here they are together again.
- Do Paise Ki Dhoop Chaar Aane Ki Baarish [India, 2009] – A woman hires a gay songwriter to care for her disabled son creating a complex bond of love and family.
- Furie [Vietnam, 2019] – Hai Phuong is a woman disowned by her family for having an affair with a gangster. She hides in the countryside with her daughter and works as a debt collector until a group of thugs kidnaps her daughter.
- Oh! Baby [India, 2019] – A remake of hit Korean movie Miss Granny. They are releasing Tamil and Malayalam versions.
- Malaal [India, 2019] – Class division threatens the romance between the crony of a nativist Mumbai politician and the new North Indian resident of his chawl.
- Bard of Blood [India, 2019] – A former Indian spy must confront his past when he returns to lead an unsanctioned rescue mission.
- Sturgill Simpson Presents Sound & Fury [Anime, 2019] – A mysterious driver heads into a showdown with two monstrous opponents in a post-apocalyptic world. Each song from Sturgill Simpson’s new album will be featured in the anime.
- Cultivating the Seas: History and Future of the Full-Cycle Cultured Kindai Tuna [Japan] – This takes you behind the scenes to look at the full-cycle breeding program for bluefin Kindai tuna pioneered by Kinki University’s Aqua Culture Research Institute.
- Tuna Girl [Japan] – A cheerful fisheries student struggles to find her place at a research institute known for its tuna cultivation.
Recently Added Asian Television
- Bakugan [Japan, Anime, 2018] – Dan Kouzo and his friends bond with mysterious creatures in order to fight sinister forces bent on controlling the world.
- Tobot Seasons 1-2 [South Korea, Anime, 2018] – Robots that can transform into cards are committed to help fight against crime.
- When the Camellia Blooms [South Korea, 2019] – Dong Baek is a single mother who gets involved with three men: a good man, a bad man, and a mean man. Will she find her Mr. Right?
Recently Added Asian Movies
- Manmadhudu 2 [India, 2019] – A perennial bachelor finds his plans to trick his family into disarray when the much younger woman he hires to act as his fiancee forms a bond with his family.