Coming to Netflix: August 2019
Announcements of Asian dramas and movies coming to Netflix are starting to trickle in! Stay tuned to this post to check out the latest arrivals.
8/19/19: I failed!!! So I have become an independent Pampered Chef consultant at the end of July on top of my normal job and I have been in training and doing my first virtual show this month, not to mention August is a busy season in real life. So, my apologies for not updating as I should have been.
- 3 Idiots [India, 2009] – This award-winning film follows two friends who reunite years later to find their long-lost elusive college buddy.
- Darna Mana Hai [India, 2003] – Six friends finds themselves stranded and decide to tell horror stories to pass the time, each more scary than the next, but things take a frightening turn when they start to go missing.
- Ek Hasina Thi [India, 2004] – This romantic thriller follows a woman who breaks out of jail to seek revenge on the man who framed her for underworld crimes she did not commit.
- Ferrari Ki Sawaari [India, 2012] – A father finds himself involved with a stolen Ferrari as he struggles to get the funds to send his son to a leading cricket academy.
- Wazir [India, 2016] – A grieving detective finds himself in a conspiracy more complicated than imagined when he decides to help an amputee grandmaster settle the score of his tragic past.
- Enter the Anime [Japan, 2019] – This documentary dives into just what anime is with notable masterminds of the genre.
- The Naked Director [Japan, 2019] – This series follows the life of one of Pinku’s (Japanese softcore) directors during the heyday of its movement.
- Wu Assassins Season 1 [US, 2019] – Not a “true” Asian drama, but this series follows the story of a young Chinatown Chef who becomes entangled with the Chinese Triad’s pursuit of deadly ancient powers.
- Jaoon Kahan Bata Ae Dil [India, 2018] – This film follows a couple whose interactions over the course of a Mumbai evening strain their relationship to the breaking point.
- American Factory [Documentary, 2019] – In post-industrial Ohio, a Chinese company opens a new factory in the husk of a GM plant hiring 2,000 blue-collar Americans. Dreams and optimism are threatened by setbacks as high-tech China clashes with working-class America.
- Game Over [India, 2019] – This thriller, being released in Telugu, Tamil, and Hindi versions, follows a woman in a wheelchair who must defend her home from a mysterious intruder.
- The Girl Allergic to Wi-Fi [Philippines, 2018] – This film follows an internet-obsessed teen who develops a rare illness which forces her to move to a remote town where she must navigate life and relationships without technology.
- Love Alarm [South Korea, 2019] – In this world there is app that lets people know if someone in the vicinity likes them. Kim Jojo experiences young love while coping with personal adversities.
- Saavat: A Hunt for Closure [India, 2019] – This movie follows a woman who overcomes her own personal anguish to help another woman trapped in a web of deceit and deception.
- HERO MASK Season 2 [ Japan, Anime, 2019] – The adventures of Crown prosecutor Sarah Sinclair and SSC agent James Blood continue.
- Mayday Life [China/Taiwan, 2019] – This film follows Taiwanese band Mayday as they do their Life Tour. Five fading superheroes are summoned to save the world from extraterrestrials that detest sound.
- Carole & Tuesday [Japan, Anime, 2019] – When part-timer Carole meets the rich Tuesday she realizes she may have just found the musical partner she needs. Together they struggle to make their dreams come true.
- Mighty Little Bheem Season 2 [India, Anime, 2019] – Mischief and adventure in a small Indian town continue for a curious and toddler with extraordinary might.
Recently Added Asian Dramas
- Khanni [Pakistan, 2017] – When a rich politician’s son kills her brother, a young woman finds a romantic connection complicating her quest for justice.
- The King’s Avatar [China, 2019] – A gamer who is forced out of his team finds himself in charge of an internet cafe while reinventing himself to return to his former gaming glory.
- Sleepless Society: Nyctophobia [Thailand, 2019] – A woman struggles with her grief and tries to find peace after the death of her son, but things get complicated when a boy appears and claims to be her son reincarnated.
- Sexy Central [Hong Kong, 2019] – This drama follows five young women in the center of Hong Kong as they struggle with betrayal, unrequited love, and other matters of the heart.
- Til Death Do Us Part [Taiwan, 2019] – This anthology is based on the speculative stories of MirrorFiction and follows what happens when people are plunged headlong into their deepest desires and darkest fears.
Recently Added Asian Movies
- Crazy Beautiful You [Philippines, 2015] – A rebellious girl falls for the handsome son of a politician who is assigned to be her chaperone when she accompanies her mother on a medical mission.