Coming to Netflix: July 2019
Curious about just which Asian dramas and movies are headed to Netflix’s streaming library in July 2019? Read on to find out. Bookmark this post as I will be updating it weekly!
- Designated Survivor: 60 Days [South Korea, 2019] – The National Assembly suffers an attack and it is up to the Minister of the Environment to find a way to lead Korea through the chaos.
- Flowering Heart [South Korea, Anime, 2016] – This Korean magical girl series follows an ordinary student who gains extraordinary powers after a mysterious encounter.
- Molang Season 1 [South Korea, Anime, 2015] – A big-hearted bunny and his shy chick friend explore the joys of their world.
- NOVA: Chinese Chariot Revealed  – A team of experts builds a Chinese chariot to unlock the secrets of an object that dominated Chinese warfare for millennium.
- NOVA: Thai Cave Rescue  – This follows the race against time to rescue 12 young soccer players trapped in a flooded cave in Thailand.
- Pororo – The Little Penguin Season 5 [Anime, 2014] – Because of Running Man, I forever think of Haha whenever Pororo is mentioned.
- Tayo the Little Bus Season 2 [Anime, 2016] – Tayo and his friends explore new sites and go on exciting adventures as they learn their routes.
- Tayo the Little Bus Movie: Mission: Ace [South Korea, 2016] – Little blue bus Tayo goes to toy land with Dur and Hana to save Duri’s favorite car ace.
- Titipo Titipo Season 1 [South Korean Anime, 2017] – Titipo is a train determined to show that he has what it takes to help people of Train Village ride the rails safely.
- Zombie Dumb Season 1 [South Korea, Anime] – A young girl befriends a group of zombie kids with distinctive personalities.
- Bangkok Love Stories: Objects of Affection [Thailand, 2019] – A street artist with multiple personality disorder becomes worse after witness a double murder. A kind computer repairman falls for her and tries to help her.
- Bangkok Love Stories: Plead [Thailand, 2019] – A fortuneteller is warned by his father not to leave, but he goes out to do fortunes and tells a woman she will lose a loved one. When it happens, she blames the young man. He has been blind since he told her fortune. They fall for each other, but their love is destined to end in disaster.
- Kakegurui Season 2 [Japan, 2019] – This story picks up where the 2018 live action left off with even higher stakes as Jabami Yumeko looks for the ultimate gambling thrill.
- The Legend of White Snake [China, 2019] – What happens when a snake demon who is trying to cultivate on the good path falls in love with a human medical practitioner (seriously, the main couple were so cute together).
- Krishna Balram Season 1 [India, Anime, 2007] – This series follows the action-packed lives of Lord Krishna and his brother Balram from playing pranks to destroying demons.
- Cities of Last Things [Taiwan, 2018] – A man with a complicated past takes revenge on those who wronged him in the past. This movie is told in reverse chronological order.
- One Spring Night [South Korea, 2019] – A librarian decides to prioritize happiness in her life. What will she do when she starts falling for a pharmacist single father while she is still dating her long-time boyfriend who is the department head of a bank and comes from a wealthy family?
- Pili Fantasy: War of Dragons [Taiwan, 2019] – This is a remake of the 6th season of the popular puppet series that has been running for 30 years.
- Unrequited Love [China, 2019] – Luo Zhi and Huai Nan were childhood friends. Luo Zhi falls for him, but due to circumstances, never confesses. When their paths continually cross can unrequited love turn to mutual love?
- Mauli [India, 2018] – Mauli and Prince are twin brothers. When the courageous Mauli is killed by a thug, Prince must step into his brother’s shoes to get revenge and save the village.
- Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung [South Korea, 2019] – Goo Hae Ryung must fight against prejudice in 19th century Joseon where women are not allowed to be historians. To further complicate matters, she falls in love with a prince with a big secret of his own.
- Saint Seiya: Knight of the Zodiac Season 1 [Japan, Anime, 2019] – A dark prophecy hangs over Seiya and the Knights of the Zodiac as they rise once more to protect the reincarnation of the goddess Athena.
- Typewriter [India, 2019] – Three young friends want to search an old villa for ghosts, but when a new family moves in the chilling past of the home begins to surface.
- Eerie [Philippines, 2018] – When a student’s death rocks an all-girl’s school, a clairvoyant guidance counselor turns to ghosts to uncover the dark past of the convent.
- My First First Love Season 2 [South Korea, 2019] – Continuing on from the first season, our trio teeter between love and friendship while two others struggle to pursue their dreams.
- Ramen Shop [Japan, 2019] – Masato, a young ramen chef from Japan, travels to Singapore to discover the truth about this past, uncovering much more than family secrets and yummy recipes. This stars the awesome Saito Takumi.
- KENGAN ASHURA Season 1 [Japan, Anime, 2019] – This anime is based on the manga of the same name which won a poll on which manga to adapt into anime. The series follows Tokita Ohma as he dominates opponents across the gladiator arenas in Japan.
Recently Added Asian Television
- Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day [Japan, Anime, 2011] – When a high school slacker becomes haunted by his childhood friend, he gathers their old club together to fulfill her final wish.
- God Eater [Japan, Anime, 2015] – Humanities only hope lies in a new living weapon known as the God Arc when an enemy immune to conventional arms causes the collapse of civilization.
- Granblue Fantasy: The Animation [Japan, Anime, 2017] – Gran lives in a world where islands float in the sky. He comes across a mysterious girl being hunted for her ability to summon primal beasts.
Recently Added Asian Movies
- Beast Stalker [Hong Kong, 2008] – Overcome by the death of a girl due to a high-speed chase, a cop pursues the crime boss who triggered the chain of events.
- Connected [China, 2008] – A remake of Cellular, a debt collector becomes embroiled in intrigue after answering a random call from a stranger requesting help.
- Twins Mission [Hong Kong, 2007] – Bickering twin sisters must face off against an entire gang of rival twins to get back a stolen healing bead.