The Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award
Well, this is a new one that I had not heard of before and one that I really don’t feel I deserve whatsoever, but I do heartily thank lemonmirae from Dramachaser for nominating me. Googling the award shows lots of different rules, but I did manage to find this basic meaning behind the award: “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award recognizes the unique voices of women bloggers around the world.” By that definition, again, I don’t feel like I deserve such an award, but I’m honored to have been nominated for it.
As always, such blogging awards come with caveats that you are to perform upon acceptance of said award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions they have sent you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate ten people.
Below are my answers to lemonmirae’s questions.
- Where do you want to travel the most?
You’d think that since I’m an Asian entertainment blogger, that answer would be to some Asian country. Nope. Not me. Ever since I was a little girl my dream has been to see Scotland and Wales. The former because of the TV series Hghlander starring Adrian Paul and the latter because I was desperately in love with Susan Cooper’s Dark is Rising series. Well…that isn’t the only reasons for both places, but I won’t lie and say those are the origins of such a desire to see those places.
- Do you want to learn any specific languages?
Learning languages is my ultimate failing in life. I’ve spent several years studying both Spanish and German and have never achieved any level of fluency. Now…I’d love to learn Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, and Thai. But given my failure at trying to learn two languages before, I don’t hold out much hope in my learning any language, lol.
- What do you want to do the most until the end of 2015?
This is a rather tricky question. I’m not sure that I have the answer to it. This year is really all about seeking balance for me. Seeking balance between work, my hobbies, and my family. Due to my grandmother’s health condition, I was unable to see my sister and my precious niece and nephew last year as much as I would have liked. This year, I’d like to be able to see them a lot more. Uri babies are just growing too fast! And I definitely want to spend as much time with my grandfather since…you never really know when your last day will come to be with those you love, you know? So, my goal of what to do is find a fun and healthy balance in life that can extend to years beyond. Sorry if I didn’t answer that question quite well.
- What would you like me to change about my blog?
I happen to like lemonmirae’s blog just the way it is. I really adore how she pulls that one excellent quote out to use for her recaps for her dramas and she does seem to capture the heart of an episode without writing a bajillion words like I do. I guess if I had to pick one thing…how about a different background? Maybe something a little brighter/lighter?
- Describe yourself in 3 words.
Reticent. Stubborn. Eclectic.
- Is there anything you want to ask me?
Since we are both currently watching Kill Me, Heal Me…Shin Se Gi or Cha Do Hyun?
- If you could freeze time for a day, what would you do that day?
First, I would go back in time. Then when I froze time, I would spend every minute with my grandmother when she was healthier and happier and I’d listen and learn from her even more than I did when she was alive.
- What made you happy today?
So…for the start of the New Year I had one sound resolution in mind – to be healthier. My grandfather helped me buy an elliptical which we just got today. My uncle helped my grandfather put it together and I got to try it out. That made me happy to get that and I will stick to my resolution to be healthier and exercise more so I can do much better on my annual nature hiking with my friend JG.
- How do you visualize in your mind the days of the year? (Don’t know if you understand the question, but I’ve been asked that question before and it made me curious about other people…I heard some people visualizing a circle or graphic axes)
The boring answer would be very two dimensional…a calendar. But if I think on it…the days of the year become sand in an hourglass. Sometimes the sand seems to pour out quickly and sometimes slowly. At the end of the year, the hourglass rotates and we start the process all over again. And now I’m thinking about Days of Our Lives, lol: “Like sands in the hourglass, these are the days of our lives” or something like that.
- Do you have a question that you would like to know the answer? Or a mystery?
I do have one that does weigh on my mind on occasion. I am very open about having been raised by my grandparents versus my parents. I never had much contact with my mother since the age of 2. I learned of my mother’s death in 2012 thanks to Google. I really want to know how she died, but that’s an answer I may never get.
I completely agree with lemonmirae that coming up with questions is very hard. Here are my questions.
- What does music mean to you in your life?
- To lift your mood, what is your go to music?
- Do you use blogging to help escape from the everyday tedium or hustle bustle?
- What made you decide to start blogging?
- What are your thoughts on reading?
- What was the last book you ever read that you would definitely recommend to others?
- What hobbies do you have outside of blogging?
- If today was your last day, what would you do?
- If you were to give a total newbie advice on blogging, what would be the first thing you’d say?
- And just for fun and utter nonsense…Where’s Waldo?
And who will have to answer these questions if they so desire?
- Ms. ThugBear who introduces you to lots of new music, but who also isn’t afraid to get personal and share details about her own life and struggles.
- zannyro who has such beautiful wildlife photography and captures such amazing moments with her blog A Window into the Woods
- Soori from Shikidrama whose Legendary Witch recaps I’m currently following and loving
- My good dramawatching buddy heisui at My Drama Tea who makes some of the loveliest headers ever!
- kfangurl from The Fan Girl Verdict whose not afraid to squeal over the pretties and has made some pretty cool shirt designs for Kill Me, Heal Me