The Sunshine Award 2014
My bad photoshopping skills are really showing, aren’t they? If you’re curious, the above pictures is Tahquamenon Falls in Michigan’s UP. The rainbow is actually from sunshine hitting the spray from the falls. I just love my home state.
Anyways, my own little ray of sunshine, heisui at My Drama Tea, has so sweetly nominated me for this blogging award. She’s been a faithful blogging friend and we’ve had tons of discussions about dramas, music, and blogging over our years together. She covers more Taiwanese and Chinese dramas, but also tackles the occasional Japanese as well. I really enjoy reading her reviews of various dramas and their episodes. She does her best to be fair and approach things from different angles. A big hats off to her!
I’ve seen Inspiring Blogger awards and the infamous Liebster award (which I’m sure is definitely coming from the German word meaning love), and now I’ve scene this award circulating in the blogosphere. I’m so bad, I’m unlikely to do blogging awards unless someone else nominates me first. So much to do, so little time to do it. I should be more proactive. Anywho, I love heisui’s personal definition of the award, so here it is:
I nominate bloggers for The Sunshine Award because their writing makes me happy. These people who radiate warmth and happiness through their blog. I would like to thank these bloggers for what they do, for persevering, and also for their support. 🙂
Here are the answer to her questions:
- How do you cheer yourself up if you’re not in a good mood?
I listen to music I love or I watch a comedy or movie that I love. I also write. It helps a little. So does griping to my grandmother who never complains about how much I vent so that I can feel better. She’s the biggest source of sunshine and sadness in my life.
- If you could sum up your blog in one sentence, what would it be?
A labor of love sharing my addiction to all things Asian entertainment related, i.e. dramas, music, anime, and manga.
- How would you like to be remembered in the blogosphere? (If you already answered this question before, you may skip it if you like.)
I’ve honestly never thought about it. I would like people to look at AAA in fondness for all the hours spent recapping dramas so they can cheat before watching or read ahead before committing.
- What is it about dramas and drama blogging that makes you happy?
I really don’t know and I’ve been doing it for four years now, lol. Soon to be five. I feel so old in blogging years. It was a natural evolution from reviewing somehow and it just happened and it kind of became an addiction of my addiction.
- What is one of your favorite words or phrases? Give the definition/meaning & explain why you like it. (The word does not have to be in English.)
“Sora” meaning sky (and I’m sure other things) in Japanese. I can’t really explain it, but I really just love it. I wanted to name my personal blog where I post a lot of my own photography “Koizora” just because I really just like the Japanese word and meaning to do with sky. It’s a beautiful word for nature’s biggest natural canvas.
My nominees for this award are:
Jung-gug-eo Kaenada and Only 만 from Noonas Over Forks. Sure, they’ve already received two nominations, but they really are a bright ray of sunshine with their recaps, reviews, Wednesday Pic-Me-Ups, Friday Features and food reviews with pictures to drool over.
Fia from Lovefia is a ray of sunshine for all those curious about Thai lakorns. I silently stalk her posts and enjoy reading about many of the dramas, some of which I start watching thanks to her.
A new discovery which brought some sunshine recently is Ms. ThugBear. Lots of Asian music goodies and other random musings to enjoy.
I don’t watch enough Taiwanese or Chinese dramas, but I always head over to visit misscupcakees at A Fairy Tale World to read up on them until I finally find time to watch more of them. Wishing her all the best of luck with exams and taking a blogging break until they are over.
Last, but not least, is coffeeenlucia at Pantomiming. There was a bit of a break from posting, but she’s back and falling in love with Chinese/Taiwanese dramas and movies. I should probably get on that bandwagon since I’ve actually fallen quite a bit out of love with Kdramas and had the same problems she’s had in that realm and a lot of my blogging friends watch more of them than I do.
And now for the rules of this award. Another blogging chain of love. heisui modified them slight and I’ll keep with her version. In a new post:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate five other bloggers.
- Write why you nominated these bloggers.
- Write 5 or more questions for the bloggers you nominated.
- Notify the bloggers on their blogs.
- Put the award on your blog. (You may use the image I made for the award, it sucks, but feel free as long as you credit me. I wanted to contribute my own version of sunshine.)
I suck at coming up with questions. I really do.
- What are three things that bring a little sunshine on a dreary day?
- What is your current obsession?
- Do you have any particular motivations when it comes to blogging?
- What hobbies do you have that aren’t Asian entertainment related?
- Do you get the picture below? Really wish I knew who to credit for the original, but it was found today on George Takei’s Facebook page.