Total Randomness #16 – All About Me
Not because I’m narcissistic or anything like that, because I’m not, I swear. This is just mainly because of late I’ve realized people kind of have misconceptions of me. Not that it really matters I suppose, but just thought I’d clear a bit of them up today.
- I am NOT Asian. I have half-Asian siblings, but I, myself, am not Asian. I am an amalgamation of German, English, French, a teensy drop of Canadian Native American, and Polish. And these are just what I’m aware of. But, it’s safe to say that there’s fairly more German in me than anything else.
- I’ve said this before, but I’m saying it again. I live in the US. The Midwest. The mitten state. Wasn’t born here, but have lived here for 27 of my soon-to-be 29 years, so I claim this as my home state and not California where I was born.
- I am not fluent in any language besides my native tongue. My Korean is very basic, nowhere near fluency. My Japanese and Chinese are even worse. On my Bucket List…if I ever were ambitious enough to create one…I would love to be fluent in another language, but Spanish and German never stuck with me, so I have no idea if any other language could. My older sister, on the other hand, is fluent in Spanish. Go her. She even uses it with her job as she deals with a lot of Spanish speaking people.
- Never been to Asia. Never lived there. My dad was stationed in both South Korea and Japan, but my sister and I were sadly never able to go and visit him. We did get tons of cool gifts from those countries, though. The only country I’ve ever been to is Germany. Seriously. How sad when Canada is in spitting distance.
- You probably can’t tell given the quality of some of these posts on AAA, but I majored in English with an emphasis in writing. I minored in Computer Information Systems (which sounds fancy, but I basically learned nor retained anything from my minor). I’m the managing editor of an online literary portal, so it brings together my major and minor. Kind of cool.
And that’s it. I’ve had people think I’m Asian. It doesn’t insult me or anything. I’m just not. I’ve had people think I live in Southeast Asia. Not sure why that is, but I don’t. I think it would be a cool place to visit someday if I ever bother renewing my passport, which I should just to visit Canada if nothing else since I live so close to there. Thanks to me recapping dramas, people think I’m fluent in like Japanese or Korean. Unfortunately not. Would love to be. I recap series that have subtitles. Someday, I would like to be fluent enough in a language to recap a series with no subtitles.
If you have any questions about me…I might possibly answer them, but I doubt too many people are interested in the woman behind the screen name and are more interested in the dramas 😉
I will leave you with the fact I love taking photographs. I suck at it though. You can see my mediocre photography at my not very frequently updated blog An Ever Changing Sky.