First Liebster Award Nomination
Did you know? Did you know that this blog started in February of 2010 and thus will be four years old this year? Did you know that this is the first time this blog has ever been nominated for any of the awards out there in the blogosphere (to the best of my knowledge)? Of course, the Liebster Award is supposed to be geared up towards relatively newbie bloggers, but it’s still nice to get one after four years of writing posts about Asian dramas, music, and the in-between.
A heartfelt thanks to Jaime the Drama Noona for nominating Asian Addicts Anonymous!
A first award is like getting that first comment (that’s not spam) and makes you feel like you must be doing something right 😛
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award, which I will probably ignore part of them due to currently being under the weather and fighting against sleep:
1. Each nominee link back the person who nominated them.
2. Answer 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Here are the answers to Drama Noona’s questions.
- Why did you start blogging?
I never started blogging on my own volition. I started a blog back in college for my Introduction to Digital Culture class. I started this blog because my boss was considering moving our website to WordPress. It’s not a grand way to start blogging, but both times I really kind of went crazy blogging once I started.
- How did you come up with the name of your blog?
I saw Asian drama watching as an addiction. An addiction to be shared with others. Thus, I was playing on the whole addicting aspect and creating that “anonymous” haven in which to talk of said addiction. Thus…Asian Addicts Anonymous…which in retrospect probably wasn’t the wisest choice of names since early times of this blog was spent with tons of spam for porn and drugs. I’ve thought of changing the name over the years, but just haven’t been able to bring myself to do so.
- Who is your favorite author?
I’m a book nerd. Before I ever discovered Asian drama crack, I was a voracious reader. I have to say that my all-time favorite author is Jane Austen.
- What type of show/movie is your guilty pleasure?
I don’t really know. I don’t really think I have anything I consider a “guilty” pleasure. I do enjoy those campy little cheesy dramas that really aren’t all that good, but you have to love them (especially if they contain some ikemen).
- Do you have someone to watch dramas with?
Alas, I do not. On occasion I have forced my good friend Chani-chan to watch dramas with me, but since she lives out of state and my family does not understand why I like Asian dramas, I watch all alone.
- What is your favorite drama genre?
I don’t think that I actually have a favorite drama. I do like romance. But I like police/crime genres, suspense, supernatural stuff…none that I can deem my “favorite”.
- Do you watch dramas from multiple countries?
Totally. Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore, Mexico, South American (yes, I know that’s a continent and not a country), Thailand. I’m very open to sampling dramas from other countries.
- If you could meet any actor, from any country, who would you meet?
Good question. I don’t know if I can come up with an answer…
- Who is your current drama crush?
I’m fairly certain I don’t have one at the moment. Maybe I’m getting too old from drama crushes 😉
- Have you ever been nominated for a blogging award before?
Technically, my other blog, An Ever Changing Sky was nominated for an inspiring blogger award. But this blog has never been nominated before.
Now for nominees…I really don’t know about the number of followers and most of these blogs have been around for as long, or longer, or maybe not as long as my own… so I’ll just go with my favorite blogs that I follow. It’s an “I Love You” shout out, not really a Liebster Award nomination, sorry! lol. Sometimes I comment and sometimes I just silently lurk, but rest assured I love them all and appreciate that they are out there in the dramasphere, even if certain ones aren’t updating like they once used to or not at all.
- My Myooz – http://mymyooz.wordpress.com/
- My Drama Tea – http://mydramatea.wordpress.com/
- The Fangirl Verdict – http://thefangirlverdict.com/
- A Fairytale World – http://afairytaleworld.wordpress.com/
- It’s My World–NewKDramaAddicts Sandbox – http://newkdramaaddict.blogspot.com/
- As I Watch – http://asiwatchtv.blogspot.com.au/
- Shine A Light Rose – http://shinealightrose.blogspot.com/
- Between Wor(l)ds – http://saryre.blogspot.com/
- Mad Dino’s Asylum – http://www.maddinoasylum.com/
- Akiko’s Morning Coffee – http://akikosmorningcoffee.wordpress.com/
A special shout out to my first dramaland friends!
- Rundown Zoo – http://rundown-zoo.blogspot.com/
- The Little Dorama Girl – http://endersgirrrl.wordpress.com/
- [Candy.Me] – http://candyme.wordpress.com/
- Lost in Paradise – http://chukuma.wordpress.com/
- KORmerica – http://kormerica.wordpress.com/
Hmm…questions. I’m really tired and my cold medicine (which is NOT supposed to be making me even more sleepy) isn’t helping, so I can’t think of a whole heckuva lot, lol.
- What made you start blogging?
- What keeps you blogging?
- Future goals (in our outside the blogging/drama-watching sphere)?
- Profession? (out of curiosity, what do you do in your real life?)
- Gateway addiction into the drama realm?
- Favorite quote? [NeeNee loves quotes from movies, dramas, literature that really resonate and hit you, you know?]
- Coffee? Tea? Neither? [I personally think white chocolate hot chocolate is the most awesome concoction as is horchata.]
- Have you ever tried Calpis water [or something like it]?
- Are you proficient in more than one language? If so, which?
- Favorite OST?