30 Day Asian Drama Challenge Set 2 – Day 18
I think I was griping earlier that I had already had this in mind, but then they didn’t ask the question.
18. Your least favorite female character?
To choose a horrible female character out of all the horrible females characters out there… it’s kind of hard. So here is a list.
- Heo Myung Ja from Crazy Love – she brings evil mother-in-law to a new height
- Oh Hae Ryung from Crazy Love – her crazy antics get old and stale and you want her out of the picture NOW
- Han Na Young from Crazy Love – seducing a married man, kidnapping (and possibly killing) her lover’s child, making one woman’s life miserable for no real good reason
- Chiyoko from Last Cinderella
I did have others, but since I’ve been watching Crazy Love daily, I’m just listing those characters as they top my infuriating list at the moment. I am sure there are even worse ones that I hate, too.
I would also like to take this time to pay homage to all the female characters that I don’t like simply because their mere existence is superfluous and unnecessary.
- Hong Yoo Ra from Oh! My Lady – in order to understand her character, you have to read her backstory, but without that backstory…her character seems like a conniving woman out to nab our star just for a higher status
- Jin Se Ryung from Full House Take 2 – let’s add in an ex for Tae Ik who really doesn’t play any sort of integral part to the plot and could have easily been removed from it
- Momo from Last Cinderella – an unnecessary character that was just plain annoying
- Risa from Vampire Heaven – again, given the plot, she really is kind of extraneous
I also dislike the evil mother in Don’t Hesitate. But since I haven’t finished that drama, I thought it would be unfair to include her. I think Asian dramas gives us many female characters to hate, but they can all be summed up into different types.
- Evil Mother
- Evil Mother-in-law
- Evil second female lead out to either steal male lead or to completely destroy female lead’s life
- Best friend/sister turned into evil enemy (half the time over stupid reasons)